do I really need dedicated hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeClark

Beginner 1.0
Hello,

I have been trying to set up a server app that creates graphics using the GD library etc.
The app comes in a number of diff flavours depending on the CPU and OS. So I got on to my hosting company and asked them what the hardware was. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me that since I am on shared hosting.
I was told I would have to get shared hosting, since I can't be sure that applications such as this will work on shared or virtual.
The thing is, this is the only reason to go to dedicated. The site doesn't get a huge amount of traffic, and there isn't a huge processor load from scripts/dbase calls.
Is there another option I do I have to go dedicated if I want this app to work?Even if you share any web hosting video will help.

Ay help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

GPLHosting

Hosting Guru
Hi Joe, please introduce your self here before. Your introduction will make our discussion more tighten and absolutely will make know personally each other.

then, about your question, what kind of graphics, is it 2D or 3D graphics? is it static (eg. picture) or dynamic (eg. video) graphics ?

idnix

Hosting Guru
Verified Provider
wow... what your script? is resource killer? so we can guide you what the best choice for your script

maybe @junior riau may help you

junior riau

Hosting Guru
Verified Provider
Hi Joe, nice to meet you in this forum. Thank you @idnix for mention me.
Can you tell we more about your apps? what its requirements, what kind of graphics that app produce? i think almost share hosting server are support for gd library

Status
Not open for further replies.