Bye-Bye Hosting Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

voezie

Hosting Guru
Ini posting / cerita yang sangat menarik dan bisa dijadikan pelajaran berharga bagi pemula yang ingin berbisnis hosting

Sumber: Bye Bye Hosting Business - Web Hosting Talk

Hey Guys,

Myself Max, just wanted to share my experience about my [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]website [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]hosting[/FONT][/FONT] business. This experience may help some new guys, who gonna start/invest in this line.

Let me tell you about my self. I am founder/owner of Indian-Designers.com , BikerzLane.com, Rushlane.com and GadgetsLane.com
I am a fun-loving guy and rarely get angry. WHT is the best and clean forum i have ever seen and i love to be a part of this community.

So the story starts when i was looking for a [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]hosting [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]account[/FONT][/FONT] for my new website mmpics.com , i paid so many companies but every time my account got suspended coz of high usage of resources and trust me some companies did suspend my account on the very next day of registration and never refunded me. So i thought why to pay others lets start own [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]hosting [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]business[/FONT][/FONT]....LOL and lemme tell you its not as easy as it looks
smile.gif
. In just 2 months i get to know many [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]hosting [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]companies[/FONT][/FONT]. Some were good, most of them were so unprofessional and bad. i dont know if i can write there names. So let it be.

Now i am quitting coz i am not getting ample time for marketing and managing things( which is must for this business). I have got some big projects in the pipeline that needs to be done. BTW i dint get much clients during my business tenure. Got just 2 and both of them were refunded. i may restart sometime again when i get retired from all my work. probably when i will become 60 years old
smile.gif

My biggest mistake was when i purchased the reseller of rack0 hosting. They looks to me the laziest person on the planet. You will never get a response from them when you need them the most. Highly uncooperative ppl. I got more help from WHT then from my own host..funny. Live chat is always away. The ips they provided me were blacklisted by most of the isps.

This time i started at small level but i know in order to earn big, you need to have a big setup.

I will still maintain my hosting site but will act as an affiliate and will provide some business to you guys. if anyone interested pls let me know else, i will give my business to [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]hostgator[/FONT][/FONT]...hehe

So some tips for the newbies, who wanna start hosting business:

1) Always create your website first and then buy reseller/[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]VPS[/FONT][/FONT]/Dedicated packages. dont buy package first and then spend 4-5 days in creating website. I did this mistake. everyday counts when you are on lease.

2)In the beginning never go with quantity, always go with quality. i did this mistake too when i signed-up with rack0.

3)Always maintain a class. Never reduce your prices so frequently if you dnt get business in a particular month. Set your prices, keeping an eye on the market trend. Do not get panic if you dnt get good business in startup.

4) Provide your 100% dedication and be patient, sometime a client will ask for a refund in a very next minute, for any XYZ reason.

5)Be polite with the customers and provide excellent after sale support. Transparent relationship with customer is a must.

6)Study the market before start your hosting business.

Well this is my story. I would share if you experienced guys give some tips to budding companies.

Best regards to all WHT members
Max Sabar

perdhanahost

Hosting Guru
Inspiratif! Saran di poin nomor 2 itu bagus banget kalau mau diambil teman2 yang baru mulai bisnis ini. Karena di awal2 masih bangun reputasi dan pelanggan juga belum banyak, mengutamakan kualitas daripada kuantitas, adalah yang paling tepat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.